Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Stargate director plans to resurrect King Tut

I see that Stargate director/producer Roland Emmerich is planning to begin filming "King Tut" next year.

..."the "action-adventure/love story revolves around the young pharaoh Tutankhamen and his attempt to reclaim his throne and save his country after the death of his father."

I loved the Egyptian-themed artwork that was developed for the original Stargate film so I am looking forward to the costume design for the new historical epic. I wonder if Emmerich is going to stick with the somewhat sketchy history of the Amarna period or if he will add in a dash of fantasy?

The image included here is a Stargate-inspired helm created by K. SIEGFRIED. His website includes many interesting Stargate links.
If you enjoyed this post, never miss out on future posts by following me by email!

No comments:

Post a Comment